Monday, September 09, 2013

The MG is entering the "build" phase

My Orange 1973 MGB is coming back to life slowly.
After a long sleep, we stripped it down completely last year and I got a new body painted this past spring.
Now, I have started the building phase.  That means I am beginning to put some pieces back on it.

Here are a few pictures of my progress.  In these you will see we have the gas tank installed, the gas and vapor lines run, the brake lines and wiring loom under the car.
I am waiting on the fuel pump.

I should be getting to the rear axle and rear suspension in the next couple of weeks.  I'll post more then.

The overall plan is to complete the restoration by June 2014.  This will mark the 30th anniversary of my ownership of this fun little car and my 15th anniversary with my wife, Vanessa.  On our wedding day, we drove in the MG with the top down from the church (Alexandria) to the reception (Clifton) - what a fun ride.  I hope to repeat it next June!






No comments: